“All work and no play-makes Jack a dull boy”. Now a days children are addicted to passive entertainment like Television and Internet, making them nothing more than couch potatoes. Vasishta addresses this problem by taking a course to fitness and wellness of Vasishtians. They are trained in the sports, track events and games like football, Basket Ball, Cricket, Volley ball, Badminton, Hockey and other indoor games like Table Tennis, Chess, Caroms, Chinese checker etc. Jogging and regular play hours are a part of the daily schedule.
School promotes KARATE as a part of extracurricular activity.
Fresher’s Day Investiture Ceremony Guru Poornima Raksha Bandhan Krishna Janmashtami Independence Day Ganesh Chaturthi Teacher’s Day Navaraathri Id-ul-Fitr Children’s Day Annual Sports Day Christmas Celebrations New year Celebrations National Youth Day (Birth Day of Vivekananda) School Cultural Nite Republic Day Shivaratri Holi Arts and Crafts Exhibition Photo Exhibitions Annual Day Celebrations
Well maintained modern school buses with experienced
drivers & supporting staff
Local children are picked up from convenient pickup points. Utmost care is taken by our transport department.
Matters of Mind Matters a lot:
One of the greatest gifts of India to the world is Yoga and Meditation. Students at Vasishta are trained right from day one in various 'Asanas’. The day begins and ends with prayer and meditation that rejuvenates the minds to turn another fresh leaf.
Developing Integrity among Students:
At Vasishta students are trained to be independent and act with integrity, to develop openmindedness and act boldly to achieve their goals.
Spiritual Talks by eminent persons :
The Guest speakers from Ramakrishna Mission and Ramachandra Mission talk to the students to take them to a different level of thinking and looking at things differently with more pragmatic and practical approach.
Daily Yoga and Pranayama Sessions:
This is a daily activity at Vasishta for all the Children. Children are taught various techniques of Pranayama apart from Yogic exercises.
To create Mentors among the Educators an attempt is made as, mentoring is an essential leadership skill. In addition to managing and motivating people, it's also important that, if you help others learn, grow and become more effective that is an extra mile you have travelled.
To do this through a mentoring partnership, organization identifies a person and entrusts this professional task.
Mentoring can be a rewarding experience for any educator , both personally and professionally. He /She can improve one’s leadership and communication skills, learn new perspectives and ways of thinking, advance his /her career, and gain a great sense of personal satisfaction.
Is Mentoring Right for You?
It sounds like a great idea provided Even if you understand the benefits of mentoring. To explore the reasons for mentoring and whether you want to take this type of commitment further, ask yourself these questions:
* Do you want to share your knowledge and experience with others? * Do you enjoy encouraging and motivating others?
* Are you comfortable asking challenging questions? * How will mentoring contribute toward your own career goals?
* How will mentoring add to your sense of contribution and community? * What type of person do you ideally want to mentor?
* In what areas are you willing to help? Are there any areas that you don't want to go near?
Clarify your reasons and motivations for becoming a mentor. When you meet a prospective mentee, this will help you assess your compatibility. Each of the willing educator will be taking up the responsibility of the prospective mentee and will go ahead working along.
Frequency of contact – How much time can you commit to this relationship?
Can you "meet" weekly? Biweekly? Once a month? * How long can you spend in each meeting? Half an hour? An hour? More?
*Do you want to be available between "formal" sessions?
Method of contact – Would you prefer face-to-face meetings, phone calls, or emails?
Duration of partnership – Do you want to limit the length of the mentoring partnership? Do you want to set regular intervals to review whether you're both happy with the relationship, or do you just want to informally review progress on an ongoing basis?
Skills, knowledge, and experience – What specific expertise can you offer to a mentee?
Confidentiality – How will you approach confidential business information? Think of ways to speak about general concepts and situations while maintaining confidentiality.
In the journey of the mentor and mentee, the growth of mentee depicts the efforts of the mentor.
Monthly once the review meeting will be held with an agenda to know about the detailed information about the mentee’s progress.
The Best Mentor and the Mentee will be announced once in 3 months.
Vasishta is not just a school , but a way of life.... instrumental in preparing the children to be negotiator of change for social transformation. Any parent desirous of admitting his/her child to Vasishta should constantly bear in mind that the school implements a programed agenda for her students and will not at any point of time in the academic year. Parents need to sign an undertaking to this effect in the school registration form before the grant of admission and once the child is admitted to Vasishta , the decision of the school authorities is the final and binding by all matters concerning school curriculum , student punctuality and discipline on campus.
1. The school management takes all necessary steps to ensure the safety of the pupils on the campus. At the same time, the school authorities are not responsible for any untoward incident caused due to the negligence of the child factors beyond any body's control.
2. The school discourages inappropriate interaction between girls and boys on the campus, outside the classroom. The interaction is limited strictly to curriculum transactions in class room and official school programmes and activities such as student club activities etc. The school has a system of constant vigil over the student from as early as 5.30 am to 10.30 pm, till all the students go back to their dormitories.
3.No money should be given to the child by the parents at any time during his/her stay in the hostel. The school is not accountable for any actions of the student due to the possessions of such monies. Any money if absolutely necessary for the students, should be paid at the school office as extra pocket money and valid receipt should be obtained for the same from the school accountant. Such monies will be debited to the students pocket money account.
4. Expensive items such as cameras, video games, tape records, CD players, I pods, mobile are not given to the child as personal belongings. This includes costly watches and gold ornaments. Mobile phones, visual i-pods, i-pad are strictly prohibited.
The school is not accountable to the parents for any misuse of these gadgets . The students in the hostel and are not responsible for the safety or loss of any such electronic goods. It is advisable to students do not possess them, as they are distractions in all respects.
5. No eatables should be given to the students to be kept in the dormitory cupboard. If the house matrons find any eatables with the students, other than those sold in the tuck shop, she would confiscate the same and distribute them to all the students. During parent visits, no leftover food/fruits should be sneaked in to the dormitories by the students.
7. If any school property is destroyed by a student, willfully or accidentally, the cost there o0f will be deducted from the students caution deposit amount.
8. The principal of the school reserves the absolute right to terminate the admission / continuation of student on the school campus, if his / her behavior of found to be detrimental to the physical, emotional or harmonious well – being of other students on the campus.
9. Even while the school maintains a strict vigil over all the students, Vasishta does not maintain a prison – like security on the campus. In spite of attendance in every period and an identification parade at the end of the day, the school does not take accountability for students who willfully run away from the campus. Parents should inform the school authorities on any previous history, in case of a problem child and as ensure that money should be in possession of the child.
Malala Yousafzai, the Pakistani teenage girl who made headlines after the Taliban attacked her for advocating for girls' right to education, delivered her first public speech to the United Nations Youth Assembly after a lengthy recovery from a gunshot wound to the head.
Her family sat in on the youth assembly, as 16-year-old Malala delivered a moving 18 minute speech calling for men and women to band together and rally for equality to education.
"Wearing a shawl once owned by the assassinated Pakistani leader Benazir Bhutto, Malala addressed a crowd that included the UN Secretary"
The teen, wearing a shawl once owned by Benazir Bhutto, started her speech saying she was honoured to be given the opportunity to address the UN.
"I don't know where to begin my speech. I don't know what people would be expecting me to say," she started.
But as she delved further into her address, it seemed Malala knew exactly what would resonate with her audience. Quickly, quotes from her address started being shared on the web.
It is not my day, today is the day of every woman, boy and girl who has raised their voice for their rights" - Malala Yousafzai” 10:14 PM - 12 Jul 2013 Oklahoma City, OK, United States
Wow "I dont want revenge on the Taliban, I want education for sons and daughters of the Taliban." #Malala
"The extremists are afraid of books & pens. The power of education frightens them."
"They thought that the bullets would silence us, but they failed." Jump media player
Malala Yousafzai, the Pakistani girl shot by the Taliban
Speaking on her 16th birthday, Malala said efforts to silence her had failed.
She was shot in the head on a school bus by Taliban gunmen because of her campaign for girls' rights.
The speech at the UN headquarters in New York was her first public address since last October's incident in Pakistan's north-western Swat valley.
Malala has been credited with bringing the issue of women's education to global attention. A quarter of young women around the world have not completed primary school.
'Afraid of women'
After the shooting, Malala was flown from Pakistan to the UK for treatment, and now lives in Birmingham, England.
Vasishta aims at developing all the faculties of the children to make them a complete good human being by involving physical fitness, mental alertness, intellectual capabilities, emotional balance, aesthetic fulfillment, social responsibility and spiritual awareness. During their long years of stay at Vasishta, each of the above faculties will be strengthened by constant support.
Elocution, debate and quiz competitions
Moral and ethical education
Current social issues
Expert trainers and counselors from various fields of Education and Management visit the campus to train Vasishtians in soft skills.
“The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of Freedom” As rightly quoted by Dr.Dennis Whitley, one of the world’s greatest educationalists the sense of responsibility and joy of freedom are the two vital ingredients needed in proper proportion for purposeful and wholesome life. This broad outlook is reflected and radiant from the very approach of VASISHTA EDUCATIONAL TRUST. With its back drop of 27 years of successive achievements and academic excellence, Vasishta School, which commands certain aura grandeur of its own, is distinctly different from others, Madanapalle is known as a center of education and vasishta is known to be as one of the finest institutions and around Madanapalle and it in the state of A.P as whole . Dr. Ambati Anil Kumar, M.S., He comes from a respectable family from Dharmavaram. He obtained distinction in 1988. Now he us a senior doctor in North Carolone USA. Mr. V. Shashank is from Hyderabad and has studied for 5 years it the school and obtained 1st class. Now he is in USA after completing M. S.in MIT. I deem fit to remind you on this occasion of J.F. Kennedy’s saying ‘Ask not the country what it has done for you, ask yourself what you have done for the country.’
Vasishta School, offers the educational opportunities with the universal values that prepare students for life, work and civic roles in the global village. Situated on Nimmanapalle road, 4 kms away from Madanapalle.
Please Contact Us
Mob.91 70361 88666